Continental Breakfast Attendant
Serving up daily smiles and ensuring a great start to every guests’ morning! This position is an early morning position. The Breakfast Attendant is friendly, authentic, caring, and thoughtful individual who thrives in a fast paced environment.
A 2016 Hilton Lighthouse Award winning property, we are the only seasonal Hampton hotel in the Hilton brand portfolio, open each year from May through November. The Hampton Bar Harbor is a new hotel with panoramic ocean and mountain views overlooking Acadia National Park and the Atlantic Ocean.
Responsible for preparing and serving a fresh and inviting presentation of the daily complimentary breakfast, giving a friendly greeting to each guest at breakfast and providing superior service to all guests.
- Welcome guests and monitors the dining area during meal time to ensure adequate supplies, that guest needs are met, and that the breakfast area supports the hotel’s overall hospitality image and objectives
- Set up and maintain the breakfast buffet in an attractive and abundant looking organized clean and standardized presentation according to Hilton brand and company standards.
- Prepare daily breakfast menu of hot and cold breakfast foods.
- Maintain cleanliness of breakfast area and kitchen during and after breakfast hours.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to any guest questions or concerns.
- Maintain a professional and hospitable presence and appearance at all times.
- Take inventory of food, beverages and other supplies needed for each day. Order or purchase food supplies as needed. Organize and put away food orders.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance. Respond to special requests from guests.
- Team Work – Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Upholds organizational values. Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service-oriented manner.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality. Periodically restock self service food and supplies as needed. Wash china, flatware and serving equipment and return it to storage.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards and completes work within a timely manner.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses chemicals and equipment properly. Responsible for any assigned keys and for following key control policies.
- Dependability – Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at scheduled meetings and appointments on time. Is able to meet the demands of the industry with regard to working holidays and weekends.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily. Asks for and offers help when needed. Clears and cleans tables as they are vacated, wipes up spills, sweeps, mops and vacuums kitchen and dining areas. Removes trash.
- Compliance – Comply with health department rules and regulations with respect to handling, preparing and storing food.
We offer affordable employee housing.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regular lift and or move up to 25lbs, occasionally lift or move up to 50lbs.
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general contents of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.