Front Office Manager
Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person? Do you enjoy making guests smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
A Hilton Lighthouse Award winning property, we are the only seasonal Hampton hotel in the Hilton brand portfolio, open each year from May through November. The Hampton Bar Harbor is a new hotel with panoramic ocean and mountain views overlooking Acadia National Park and the Atlantic Ocean.
The Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor is seeking an engaging, friendly and detail oriented Hotel Front Office Manager (FOM). This individual will be directly responsible for the Front Desk and assist the General Manager in leading the guest services team.
The Front Office Manager is responsible for managing front desk guest service operations while supporting the General Manager in providing overall leadership in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and operational efficiency across all departments.
The FOM will assist in hiring team members, managing performance, communicating feedback, administering discipline and training the team in the successful execution of their jobs. Responsibilities include working with our accounting team and being the primary contact for Hilton guest inquiries, rewards reimbursements, and account reconciliation.
The Front Office Manager provides impeccable guest service and is a role model for delivering exceptional guest experiences.
What are we looking for?
Exceptional Customer Service both to our guests and team members.
Business & Financial Skill with the highest standard of care in managing guest transactions, financial reporting, cash management, account reconciliation, and confidential data.
Coach & Trainer leading team members to success and helping deliver memorable guest experiences throughout the hotel.
Premium Brand Experience with a proven track record in management and leadership of teams.
Learn more about Hampton Bar Harbor, our company and employment opportunities at work.barharborhampton.com
• Highly visible and interact with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on the quality of the product, service levels, and overall satisfaction.
• Observe service behaviors of team members and provide feedback and training to individuals as needed – continuously strive to improve service performance.
• Review comment cards, guest survey results and other data to identify areas of improvement. Review both positive and negative findings with the hotel team and ensure appropriate action is taken when needed.
FRONT OFFICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Initial Hilton OnQ and hospitality training for all Front Desk team associates.
• Ongoing training and support for all associates and ensure performance in accordance with hotel brand and company standards.
• Conduct group training in classroom sessions and hands-on training while assisting with Front Desk operations.
• Ongoing review of staff to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures.
• Respond to inquiries concerning hotel policies and service.
• Enforce all cash handling and credit card policies, verify banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
• Review daily front office work and reports generated by Night Audit.
• Perform technical and administrative duties, including, but not limited to; Profit and Loss Statements, Rewards Reimbursement, Accounts Receivable, Credit Account Reconciliation and Payroll.
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general contents of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.